Oz Wifi Rotary Smart Dimmer
Oz Wifi Rotary Smart Dimmer
- We use Australia Post Carbon Neutral Shipping: 2-5 Days $9.99, 1-3 Days $15 or StarTrack Premium $20
- Order before Midday and we Dispatch the same day
- Found a Cheaper Price we will beat it by 5%
Oz Wifi Rotary Smart Dimmer can be installed with your existing switch without the neutral wire and connects to the Tuya APP.
Optimised dimming for standard dimming COB LED downlights; this high-quality, two-wire phase control dimmer can be connected to other Tuya devices to provide a simple solution to multi-way control.
Although optimised for LED lighting loads, the dimmer also provides excellent compatibility with other common lamp types, such as incandescent lamps and 12V halogen.
- Integrated ON/OFF Switch
- Trailing-Edge Dimming
- Fits Standard wall switches such as Clipsal Classic
- Suitable for one-way. two-way, three-way using push buttons
- Suitable for retrofit and new installations
- Programmable minimum level, maximum level, kick start,
- Active only, two-wire connection - no neutral required
- Quick flick dim to max or min dimming levels
- Dim to OFF with most LED light sources
- 250W LED Maximum Load, Minimum 20w or Dimmer bypass is required.
Solid feeling rotary knob. Works completely offline (and online).
I’m automating it via ‘Tuya smart device’ plugin for local control within Node-red.
Quality product, easy to install with good instructions. Works well and fast. Works well with Tuya app. Recommended. Only four stars because it does not work with SmartThings - does work with Alexa/google.
I have tried a couple of other smart dimmers and not had great results with the less flickering at different levels and not easy to adjust the brightness due to there only being a push button. The ’Oz Wifi Rotary Smart Dimmer’ is both easy to adjust and does not flicker. Works great with Tuya Local in Home Assistant. It also passes the Wife Test 🙂
Having used Shelly / Wemo / Robus / Diginet dimmers, I can say this is by far the best dimmer I've used overall.
- The only rotary dimmer I could find and it fits so well into the Clipsal Series 30 wall plates! Fit and finish is spot on.
- Rotary knob makes it blend in perfectly with my "dumb" dimmers, much quicker to change brightness compared to push/hold dimmers.
- Integrates with HA / LocalTuya seamlessly and has an instant response via HA.
- Wish it had an optional neutral like Shelly, doesn't play nice with all my lights due to having to leak current in the off state (my cheaper lights flash when off). Most problems can be fixed with a suitable bypass, but an optional neutral would be better.
- Lacks a few basic config options like "state after power outage", "turn on at full brightness always" and "flick knob quickly to get to highest/lowest setting". Also can't change the fade in/out durations (doesn't turn on/off instantly).
This is the third smart dimmer I have tried and is the best so far.
The other two were the Delta and the Mercator ikuu. Both of these worked fine but there was a large learning curve for the GF and visitors. They also had a constant high pitch buzzing sound no matter if they were off, on, dull or bright.
This smart dimmer is completely silent and having the rotary knob has made it easier for everyone to use.
The main downside and why I have given four instead of five stars is that there is a 2 second delay between pushing the physical bottom the on switch and the lights turning on and off. There is also around a 1 second delay for dimming.
This means that I am still on the search for a smart dimmer unless ozsmart can fix this.
It's funny as I have it set up with tuya local on HA and turning it on/off and dimming from the app is practically instantaneous.