Setup and Usage - Google Home
- First, set up your Smart Shades device, follow the setup guide in the manual or go to www.somasmarthome.com/pages/support
If your Smart Shades is already configured and working, confirm you're running the latest version of the Smart Shades mobile app. Go to Apple Store or Play store and search for Smart Shades, see if there are any updates available. https://itunes.apple.com/mn/app/smart-shades/id1016406862?mt=8
- Install the updates.
- Plug your SOMA Connect into power using the power adapter included in the pack.
- You can now see the red and green indicator lights blinking. Wait until the only the Red light is on and is not blinking anymore. It may take anywhere between 30 sec to 5 minutes depending on how many Smart Shades you have and how good is the signal between the SOMA Connect and the Smart Shades.
- Make sure your phone is near the SOMA Connect and open Smart Shades app
- Select SOMA Connect from the left-hand menu. (Make sure that your phone is next to the SOMA Connect while configuring the device.)
- Select your preferred Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and wait until configuring is complete. There is no need to configure the Wifi again when using multiple phones/tablets.
- Write down the SOMA Connect ID, you’ll need it in a later step.
- Open your Google Assistant or Google Home app.
- Tap Account
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the Google Account you linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, tap the triangle to the right of the account name.˅
- Tap Settings Services tab Explore .
- From there you can search for SOMA Connect app.
- When asked “ Before you can use Soma Connect, I need to link your SOMA Connect account to Google. Is that OK”, tap “Yes”
- Link the account using the SOMA Connect ID and press “Continue”
- SOMA connect has now been set up and the Smart Shades app must be completely closed before proceeding to the next step.
- To control the Smart Shades, try using the following commands:
- “Hey Google, ask Soma Connect to close/open the blinds/shades”
- “Hey Google, ask Soma Connect to open/close the GROUP NAME”
- “Hey Google, ask Soma Connect to set the blinds to 50%“
*Please note that the 2018 SOMA Connect devices that are pre-Google Home don't have the % control at the moment. (open/close, group control etc will work)