Product shipping info: We have Flat Rate Shipping of $10 per Order in Australia with 100% Carbon Neutral Courier Service and Eco Friendly Packaging (if available). We ship Worldwide for $20!
Instantly Enables Wi-Fi Control For Any Electronic Device with the Global Caché iTach Flex WiFi
The Global Caché iTach Flex WiFi instantly enables WiFi control for electronic devices, allowing you to automate almost any device, system, or protocol. Remotely control the connected device using an app on a smartphone, tablet, or any other user interface. By adding intelligence to the enabled device, events and tasks can be automatically triggered, adding convenience to the electronics you use every day.
- Connects almost any electrical device to a WiFi network
- Access, monitor, automate, and control standalone equipment
- Web-based control protocol using HTTP
- Mounting dock for simple installation
The iTach Flex system comprises two components: the included compact WiFi-enabling module (WiFi) and a connecting Flex Link cable (sold separately). Flex Link cables come in a variety of configurations (RS-232, IR, contact closure) to support almost any electrical device. The cable simply connects to your WiFi module via the 3.5mm jack, and connects to your device via the appropriate connector.
Once the pieces are connected, the iTach Flex offers remote control with control apps in the iTunes Store and Android Marketplace. The unit includes a 4MB flash drive that enables use of local memory, allowing you to store web pages and files in a standard FAT file system. These files are accessible from any location, on or outside the network, and allow for web page control of your devices.
Entertainment systems are the most common household devices to be controlled, and most of those devices respond to IR codes, the infrared commands sent by your typical remote control. Integrated tightly with the iTach Flex is a no-charge, cloud-based service that instantly provides the required IR codes for the equipment being controlled. The ease-of-use and versatility of the cloud-based system ensures compatibility and expandability of any system. The iTach Flex also offers built-in IR learning.
- iTach Flex Module (WiFi)
- Wall Power Adapter
- USB Micro Adapter
Note: the iTach Flex to your electrical device, you will need to determine your device's required connector (RS-232, IR, contact closure) and purchase the corresponding Flex Link cable.
Simply Connect With Global Caché
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer – significantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché's belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today, since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
The iTach Flex Wi-Fi enables you to easily control any Infra-Red (IR) appliance via your home's Wi-Fi network. Appliances such as TVs, DVD/Blu-Ray, Amplifiers can all be controlled from your Z-Wave network controller (via Wi-Fi), this means you can position the iTach Flex anywhere you need it and then control it from your Z-Wave controller such as Fibaro HC2 or VERA.
The iTach Flex includes the unique 'Global Port', enabling you to choose which types of device the iTach Flex controls by selecting any of the Flex Link Cables:
- Flex Link IR Blaster - Blasts IR signals to all devices in 10m range
- Flex Link IR Emitter - single IR emitter
- Flex Link Tri-Port IR Cable - enables up to 3 IR emitters to be connected to on iTach Flex
Note - the Flex Link cables are not included with the iTach Flex, you need to choose at least one Flex Link Cable when you order the iTach Flex.
The iTach Flex includes access to the Global Cache IR database as well as being able to learn your appliance's IR codes.
- Smart end-points enhance and connect standalone devices
- Standard 3.5mm jack supports almost any protocol using Flex Link cable
- Built-in HTTP support for simple and instant network connectivity
- Downloadable iLearn software allows capture and playback of IR commands
- Downloadable iHelp software simplifies network discovery and setup
- 4MB flash memory – store web pages and files accessible via URL
- 4-conductor Global Port allows for versatility using Flex Link cables
- Built in IR learning and access commands to cloud-based IR database
- Made in the USA and RoHS compliant
FIBARO HC2 INTEGRATION
To enable the Fibaro Home Center to use the iTach devices, we need to create a Virtual Device. This Virtual Device sends the correct IR commands to the iTach to control the particular appliance and can be used from a browser, smartphone or tablet.
This guide below shows you how to:
- Create a Virtual Device in Fibaro Home Center
- Use IR Commands that the iTach has 'learnt' for a specific appliance
- Use the Virtual Device to control the appliance using IR commands via the iTach IR adapter
Make sure you have configured your iTach adapter and have used it to 'learn' the IR codes of the appliance you wish to control.
Full information is in this document.
- Manufacturer Part #: FLEX-IP-P
- Power Input: 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Network Connection: RJ45, 10/100Mbps
- LED Indicators: Power and connectors to indicate activity and status
- Global Port: 4 Conductor connection (TRRS: tip, ring, ring, sleeve)
- Male DB9 with automatic configuration sensing
- 600 baud to 115.2 Kbaud data rates supported
- Odd, Even, and None parity settings
- Bi-directional with hardware RTS/CTS flow control
- Flex Link Cables: Supports IR Out, IR Blaster, IR Tri-Port and Serial
- IR Output: From 20 to 500 KHz. 3.5mm connector.
- TCP: ASCII textual commands compatible with iTach and GC-100 protocol. Comma delimited, carriage return terminated.
- HTTP: New web-based control using HTTP commands with JSON payload data.
- Dimensions: : 2.58(L) x 1.22(W) x 0.82(H) inches
- Certifications: FCC (Part 15, Class B), C-tick, RoHs compliant