Product shipping info: We provide Express Shipping. Only $9.99 per Order in Australia with 100% Carbon Neutral Courier Service and Eco Friendly Packaging (if available). NZ for $20 Worldwide $30!
Global Cache's iTach Flex allows you to take control of your electronic devices.
It is an incredibly powerful smart end-point that allows almost any electronic device to be controllable, accessed, monitored, and automated within a wired network as well as controlled via a mobile interface such as a Smartphone or Tablet, or any type of personal computer. When used with a compatible application, this extremely compact, multipurpose, smart device can adjust its functionality based upon the type of Global Cache Flex Link adapters being used.
The iTach Flex provides powerful, inexpensive, and simple connectivity to almost any electrical device so it can be controlled and automated using an app on a smartphone, tablet, or any other user interface. Historically, automation and control products have been complex and expensive, used almost exclusively by the very wealthy. That changes with the easy availability of control apps on the iTunes Store and Android Marketplace, and the ability to connect almost any device in the home to a WiFi or wired network using the iTach Flex.
The extremely small footprint, slightly larger than a pack of gum, is ideally suited for transparent coupling and seamless integration to any device in homes or businesses. The Flex’s unique hardware form, with a WiFi or network connection to a 3.5mm jack that supports almost any type of protocol translation cable, offers the ability to bridge products and systems in a way never available before.
Entertainment systems are the most common household devices to be controlled, and most of those devices respond to IR codes, the infrared commands sent by your typical remote control. Integrated tightly with the iTach Flex, is a no-charge, cloud-based service instantly providing the required IR codes for the equipment being controlled. The ease-of-use and versatility of the cloud-based system ensure compatibility and expandability of any system. The Flex also offers built-in IR learning.
Once an entertainment system is under control, the next step may be the shades, or the lighting, the sprinklers, or the Jacuzzi. The iTach Flex, with its scalable and simple to use design, will connect them all at the site of the equipment, with no need for a complex rack-mounted system. The iTach Flex introduces a new concept of distributed automation and control, with smart end-points that enhance and connect standalone devices, allowing for them to be accessed and controlled by apps on smartphones, tablets, you name it.
Finally, this device uses Power over Ethernet (PoE), eliminating the need for yet another cable in your home.
- iTach Flex Module (LAN)
- USB Micro Adapter
Note: the iTach Flex to your electrical device, you will need to determine your device's required connector (RS-232, IR, contact closure) and purchase the corresponding Flex Link cable.
Simply Connect With Global Caché
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer – significantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché's belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today, since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
The iTach Flex enables you to easily control any Infra-Red (IR) appliance via your home's LAN network. Appliances such as TVs, DVD/Blu-Ray, Amplifiers can all be controlled from your Z-Wave network controller (via local LAN), and then control it from your Z-Wave controller such as Fibaro HC2 or VERA.
The iTach Flex includes the unique 'Global Port', enabling you to choose which types of device the iTach Flex controls by selecting any of the Flex Link Cables:
- Flex Link IR Blaster - Blasts IR signals to all devices in 10m range
- Flex Link IR Emitter - single IR emitter
- Flex Link Tri-Port IR Cable - enables up to 3 IR emitters to be connected to on iTach Flex
Note - the Flex Link cables are not included with the iTach Flex, you need to choose at least one Flex Link Cable when you order the iTach Flex.
The iTach Flex includes access to the Global Cache IR database as well as being able to learn your appliance's IR codes.
- Smart end-points enhance and connect standalone devices
- Standard 3.5mm jack supports almost any protocol using Flex Link cable
- Built-in HTTP support for simple and instant network connectivity
- Downloadable iLearn software allows capture and playback of IR commands
- Downloadable iHelp software simplifies network discovery and setup
- 4MB flash memory – store web pages and files accessible via URL
- 4-conductor Global Port allows for versatility using Flex Link cables
- Built-in IR learning and access commands to cloud-based IR database
- Made in the USA and RoHS compliant
- 5V DC at 250mA (90 to 230V wall power adapter included)
- USB micro adapter cable draws power from the USB port (included)
Network Connection: Wired TCP/IP – RJ45 standard Ethernet connector. 100/10 Mbits Ethernet protocol.
FIBARO HC2 INTEGRATION
To enable the Fibaro Home Center to use the iTach devices, we need to create a Virtual Device. This Virtual Device sends the correct IR commands to the iTach to control the particular appliance and can be used from a browser, smartphone or tablet.
This guide below shows you how to:
- Create a Virtual Device in Fibaro Home Center
- Use IR Commands that the iTach has 'learnt' for a specific appliance
- Use the Virtual Device to control the appliance using IR commands via the iTach IR adapter
Make sure you have configured your iTach adapter and have used it to 'learn' the IR codes of the appliance you wish to control.
Full information is in this document.
|Manufacturer Product No.||FlexIP-P US|
|Third Party Applications||Available within the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store|
|Power||• Built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Setup & Configuration||Integrated web server for easy configuration|
|iHelp Setup Utility||Downloadable iHelp software simplifies network discovery and setup|
|IR Learning|| • From 20 to 200 KHz
• Downloadable iLearn software - capture and playback of IR commands for control
|Network Connection|| • DHCP and static IPWired TCP/IP
• RJ45 standard Ethernet connector
• 100/10 Mbits Ethernet protocol
|LED Indicators||Power and connectors to indicate activity and status|
|Global Port|| 4 Conductor connection (TRRS: tip, ring, ring, sleeve) - allows for versatility through
the use of our Flex Link cables
|Serial/RS232|| • Male DB9 with automatic configuration sensing
• 600 baud to 115.2 Kbaud data rates supported
• Odd, Even, and None parity settings
• Bi-directional with hardware RTS/CTS flow control
|Flex Link Cables||Supports IR Out, IR Blaster, IR Tri-Port, Serial and Relay & Sensor|
|IR Output|| • From 20 to 500 KHz
• 3.5mm connector
• IR Emitter
• IR Blaster
• IR Tri-Port (emitter-emitter-emitter or emitter-emitter-blaster
• GC-CGX - For Xantech compatibility
|Control APIs|| • TCP
• ASCII textual commands compatible with iTach and GC-100 protocol
• Comma delimited, carriage return terminated
• New web-based control using HTTP commands with JSON payload data
|File Storage|| • Store web pages and files in a standard FAT file system
• Accessible via URL from any location on or outside the network
• Allows for web page control of your devices
|Mounting Dock|| • Allows for simple installation in any location
• Screw down the mounting dock and Flex units can be clicked in and out as needed
|Dimensions||2.58° L x 1.22° W x 0.82° H|
|Certifications||FCC (Part 15, Class B), C-tick, RoHs compliant|